Thursday, July 26, 2012

"THOU SHALL HAVE "PRESSURE WASHER PRAYERS""

THOU SHALL HAVE "PRESSURE WASHER PRAYERS"
*A Pressure Washer Prayer*

This morning I was pressure washing the concrete around my pool. It's the perfect tool to get rid of the harder dirt and soil stains that tend to accumulate around my pool due to "heavy traffic" every summer.

* (I love that it gets this way because it is proof that friends and loved ones have spent time with us this summer!)

Anyway, while I am pressure washing, Gator ...is being a great helper to me by "sweeping" the pool. It's a tedious task, but necessary in keeping our pool "guest ready."

After a while, Gator (who, at this point, has sweat dripping from his brow) hollers for me, but I can't hear him over my very loud pressure washer. He hollers louder and louder, until I finally hear him.

I turn around, "Yeh? You need me, Gator?"

He smiled, "Hit meh!"

Me: "With my pressure washer? You getting too hot?"

Slade hollers, "Yes ma'am....hit meh!" (The way he is saying "meh" cracked me up, so I laugh as I lift my handle towards his direction.)

I get far enough from him so that it is merely a mist falling on his face and body.
*If you get too close to anything with this tool, it'll tear the skin right off your toes. (I know this all too well.) ;-)

Gator stands arms outstretched with face to the sun and smiling from ear-to-ear while the mist falls gently on his face.

I was taken by surprise because all of the sudden I see a full rainbow around my child as I am spraying him!

I was so amazed! I kept showering him with this misty water from my pressure washer, just so I could look at that bona fide rainbow! Ha!

Finally, he yells, "Mom! I'm good! I'm good! Mom! Stop! I'm good now!"

I laugh as we both turn to get back to our chores.

Of course, my mind begins swirling about and something occurred to me.

If we live long enough, we ALL will have parts of our lives that will seem to be full of "stains", "dirt", "soil" and "muddy foot prints."

And I'll be honest, sometimes the messes (or mess-ups) in our lives were made by US (bad choices...errors in judgement, etc.),....but often-times the most (and hardest to clean) stain-filled "messes" on our heart were actually made by another. :(

Some of these things are easily washed away with a mere garden hose, but SOME of these dirt-stained "foot prints" are so engrained in the concrete walls of our heart that the garden hose just ain't gonna cut it. .....you'll need a good pressure washer for that big job!

Unfortunately, this type of mess tends to soil all the other areas of your life because you won't take the time to do the work to clean it up!

I wonder why? I wonder why we don't wanna do what it takes to clean up our life-messes?

Hmmm.....Maybe because we like to sweep the dirt under the rug. (Guilty!) ....Or maybe We like to pretend like the "dirt" doesn't really bother us." (Guilty again!) ...OR...and this is a good one.....we want to wait and see if somebody else will come along and clean up the mess for us, right?
(Yep, unfortunately, I have been guilty of this as well.)

But here's the beauty of "The pressure washer Prayer"....

If we take the time and do the tedious work to pray to God to help us take away the dirt, the hurt, the stains, and the pains...then I promise you....I pro-o-o-mise you......you WILL begin to feel cleaner....
......your heart will begin to feel "cleansed."

You may not even know what you are doing at first...and I think God loves that even more, because you are being "real" with Him. But when you get in your groove and realize there is a method to it...that is all your own. Your own journey with God that has nothing to do with anybody else but you and HIM.....the cleaning becomes down-right therapeutic. You will look forward to it. You will even begin helping others get started in their own "pressure washing".

Yes, The truth will hurt sometimes...especially when you get very close to the surface....but as you walk through it with HIM....you will get further away from the pain...

.......and then........just like what happened with my little Gator, you will, one day with arms outstretched....face to the sun.....smiling from ear-to-ear, FEEL the mist of relief.....the relief that can only come from God.

It will be a remarkable and wonderful, Heavenly "Relief"....

....and you know what the rest of us will see when we look at you??
....We will see the "rainbow."

God's beauty will absolutely surround you like a rainbow after a good ole cleansing storm.

It's now what I call the "Pressure Washer Prayer."

It won't always be easy....but always, always, ALWAYS worth it.

Great Day Everybody!

T
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment