Thursday, July 26, 2012

"THOUGH SHALL MAKE OTHERS FEEL SPECIAL"

THOUGH SHALL MAKE OTHERS FEEL SPECIAL

Today I received a message from my friend, Amber, who wrote something so special...so remarkable.....and so precious that I haven't been able to get away from her words or sentiments all day.

It made me wonder if it was something I was supposed to share with all of you. It inspired me in a very profound way, and with her permission, I will share it and hope it affects some of you the same way.

Amber wrote:
"Several months ago, my aunt, Catherine Moore Walker Hansbrough, went to be with our Lord. Catherine, whom everyone affectionately called "Cacky," was the most gracious, passionate, caring, kind, loving, Christian woman that anyone would ever want to meet. While at her funeral, so man people stood to speak. EACH and EVERY one of those people expressed how special she made them feel. Each person felt as if they were the single most important person to her. While sitting there, I pondered the thought of how she could ever master something of that magnitude, but I knew I wanted to do it. I had to figure out the trick to it! How could you possibly make EVERYONE you encountered feel special; like they were the only one? It didn't take me long to realize that the "trick" was that she was a messenger for the Lord. She was not fearful and therefore others were drawn to her."

Amber went on to say that her Cacky was a jewel who she wished she could be more like.

What a beautiful legacy, huh?!

To make each and every person feel better and more special after simply being in your presence?? What a gift to the world.

God's Grace is Amazing.... Amazing Grace.

Reminds me of my favorite Maya Angelou quote:
"I've learned that People will forget what you said..... People will forget what you did.....but people will NEVER forget how you made them feel."

...So take a cue from "Cacky"....Just simply make everyone feel really good, and really really special. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment