Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Thou shall get started as well!!!

My reasons for wanting to do this blog are quite simple: I just think it would be fun!  Claudia and I became fast friends when our daughters, Alex and Summer, became best friends back when they were in the second grade.
It was during the many conversations at the soccer fields and ballparks where our girls played their sports that  Claudia and I discovered that as different as our personal lives were, they were actually very similar when it came to our roles as wife and mother.
We became the very best of friends because of our similar sense of humor!  The girl could make me laugh until I cried! The only thing I love more than chips and salsa is laughing to the point that you don’t have to do ab crunches the next morning! We both fully and whole-heartily believe that humor about life, marriage, raising children and the rest of it is our absolute saving grace in this life!
When Claudia and her family moved away, there was one thing we did to stay connected….We would write little “essay’s” about some of life’s issues.  Some were serious….but many were just reflections of life’s funniest mishaps or everyday life situations.  
For example:  I would text her, “Write your next ‘essay’ about these crazy parents you see on the sidelines of their child’s soccer games.”  She would send me her essay and when I received it, it was like Christmas! I couldn’t wait to open her email and read it!  Inevitably, it would leave me in fits of laughter!
What we have discovered is that we, women, count on each other.  We really do.  We count on our girlfriends to help us laugh through the tears….to help us find joy in the sorrows….to remind us of our core belief system, when sometimes we might forget….and mostly we just count on each other to love us through it all.
Friends just simply give us a tangible sense of who God is and what He means to our lives.
And now we just both think that it is time to share this part of our life-journey with all of you.
So, like she said, “Buckle up! ‘Cause, here we go!!”
Teri

8 comments:

  1. Teri - I could not agree with you more as to what you said about women. I LOVE the power of women. I caught one of my neighbors just the other day, as she was loading her kids in the car on the way to school. She looked a tiny bit worse for the wear, as her baby boy has just thrown up on her and her car looked like a bomb of chicken nuggets and left over water bottles...she glanced up at me, laughed and said, "next lifetime, I want to come back as my husband."

    I laughed too, but the truth is, I wouldn't want it any other way. We get to bring life in the world...we get to be primary caregivers (most of the time) and sing the lullabies and kiss the boo boos...

    It's a ton of work, but I wouldn't change it for anything. But here's the thing...us women can be REALLY hard on each other.

    Did you breastfeed???? Do you work (don't we all?)??? What size are you???

    We just love to pick on each other...but I'm just not buying into that. I want to support WOMEN just like you supported me with your car pooling, your great advice and your shoulder to cry on whenever I needed one.

    That's why this blog will be great. I think we can share our thoughts and through our triumphs (as well as our trip ups), we can help women over-achieve like they never thought possible.

    Love you, my friend. So excited to be on this journey with you!

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it ladies! As long as I'm not in one of those essays as a crazy soccer parent :) Look forward to reading more to come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I am totally following you gals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea-a blog! Can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally! You got a blog. This is what you needed all along because everyone everywhere needs to read your inspiring posts. So I will make you a favorite and see if I can't send you readers when you say something relevant to all us crazy writers.

    Congrats on finding a new platform to connect with readers. I'm off to post a link on Twitter to this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Amy and everybody! Claudia and I are really excited about this new journey and we look so forward to sharing our two worlds with all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a blog is going to make it so much easier to not miss a single post than following your facebook posts... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!!!!! I love it!!!! Thank y'all for taking the time to do this!!!!

    ReplyDelete